Fiscal Year 2018
I am pleased to announce that I am now accepting Fiscal Year 2018 appropriations requests for priorities in New Jersey’s 10th Congressional District. I can only accept programmatic and language requests. The United States Congress has agreed to continue the current moratorium on earmarks as defined by clause 9(e) of Rule XXI of the Rules of the House.
For 2018, the programmatic requests that I support are principally for national programs that provide funding, supported by the President of the United States, for non-profit organizations and institutions located in the communities I represent in Congress. These programmatic requests would provide valuable benefits in the local area, with a focus on economic development and job creation, transportation, health care, community and social services, environmental remediation, and education.
As a reminder, the House Rules define an earmark as: a provision or report language included primarily at the request of a Member, Delegate, Resident Commissioner, or Senator providing, authorizing or recommending a specific amount of discretionary budget authority, credit authority, or other spending authority for a contract, loan, loan guarantee, grant, loan authority, or other expenditure with or to an entity, or targeted to a specific State, locality or Congressional district, other than through a statutory or administrative formula-driven or competitive award process.
What is a program or language request?
- Program Request: a request to fund a specific Federal program at a specified level—Example: Provide $2,000,000,000 for the National Cancer Institute.
- Language Request: a request to include specific bill or report language that does not direct funding to a particular entity but encourages, urges, or directs some type of action by an agency. Example: Committee encourages the Department of Education to study the impact of the availability of student loans on increases in enrollment rates.
The deadline for completed appropriations submissions is close of business on Wednesday, March 22, 2017. An electronic form must be received for each programmatic and language request.
Appropriations Request Form:
- Complete the online Appropriations Request Form. Please read all instructions carefully before completing and submitting the form.
- Make sure to provide a short summary of the request that includes the name of your organization, address, request amount, and short description of the request.
Know that I will continually work with my colleagues in Congress and the President’s Administration to direct investments to New Jersey’s 10th Congressional District. I welcome your questions and comments regarding the appropriations and budgeting process in Congress. My staff is here to assist you as you move through this process. If you have any questions, you should feel free to contact Robert Hickman in my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 225-3436.
* Please fill out the form completely. Incomplete forms will not be considered.